Workforce Tuition Scholarships are funded with income from OACCS on-line certification courses. Funds are managed by the Workforce Tuition Scholarship Foundation, a non-profit organization whose sole purpose is to manage and distribute this scholarship money.
The recruitment for our Workforce Tuition Scholarship Foundation (WTSF) kicked-off in May 2016 and the scholarship program is available to all students who are attending or will be enrolling in one of our Member Schools.
A total of $50,000 in scholarship monies are available, ranging from $600 to $2,500, depending on the type of program the applicant is, or will be, enrolling in. This year’s scholarship breakdown and distributions are reflected as follows:
- 5 Certificate Scholarships at $600 each
- 10 Diploma Scholarships at $1,200 each
- 14 Degree Scholarships at $2,500 each
Leadership, Excellence, and Dedication Scholarship for High School Seniors
How to Apply
- Choose school and program(s) from the participating schools listed below.
- Complete the information on the Scholarship Application and obtain the appropriate signatures.
- Submit two current letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, employers or others, with your application.
- A copy of your high school transcript (grades) and attendance records for the past 4 semesters and verification of your Grade Point Average signed by the school guidance counselor or principal, must accompany each application.
- Submit a written statement of approximately 250 words explaining why you want a career in the field you have listed on this application and why you feel you will be successful in this field. This can be typed or handwritten, but must be on the standard 8 Yi” X 11″ paper. Your name, address, phone number and high school name should be printed in the upper left-hand corner.
- Complete the Nomination Form. Send the form and a short note asking your chosen civic leader to nominate you for this scholarship. It is suggested that your note include a brief paragraph about who you are and why you want the scholarship. It is acceptable to send the note and the Nomination Form by email, fax, or U.S. Mail. You can find out who your Ohio representative and/or senator is by entering your zip code+ 4 on one of the following web sites: www.ohiosenate.gov/ or www.house.state.oh.us/. NOTE: This form should be returned to YQ.g_Or your counselor from your nominator and then submitted with your application.